Monday, April 7, 2014

My journey to a self-sufficient life

I have decided to embrace  the simpler life and become self-sustaining, my ultimate goal is to have my own hobby farm

 

Project #1 garden

The plan is to grow vegetables and flowers, I love to do research and plan but most of the time i end up thowing it all out the window and Going crazy with all the accesories i can buy. So this should be interesting, I’m hoping this time it’s not just about the novelty and I end up with a big whole in my pocket and a mound of dirt

 

I will be working on 2 gardens at a time

Garden A is in the front yard, already built going to the weeds right now, I’m going to fix it and start a flower garden

Garden B is going in the backyard, it will be a vegetable garden, this one will need to be built from the ground up, im going for a raised bed and am finding too many really cute ideas I want to build

 

I bought seed packets and a tray to start my seed, but I only have enough spots for my veggie seeds, I need to get another tray for my flowers


I was about to start clearing the weeds away today after work but it rained and delayed my plans to tomorrow. This week im hoping to direct sow most of my flowers and finalize my blueprint for the bed in the back. 



No comments: